2016 Delegate SelectionPress Release
Update 4/7/2016, 5PM: The digital webform for submissions has been closed.
Applying to become a Delegate:
- All applicants must be registered Democrats in Delaware.
- Delegate applicants must submit a Statement of Candidacy Form (available online, or at Party Headquarters: 19 E. Commons Blvd. New Castle, DE 19720)
Completed forms can be mailed to:
Delaware Democratic Party
P.O. Box 2065
Wilmington, DE 19899
There are two deadlines for Statement of candidacy forms:
- To apply to be a delegate to the State Caucus, form must be submitted by February 29th, 2016.
- To apply to be a National Convention Delegate, form must be submitted by April 7th, 2016.
Other Important Dates
March 2016: Representative District Level Caucuses (4 state caucus delegates selected per Representative District)
April 26: Delaware’s 2016 Presidential Primary
May 7: 2016 Delaware Delegate Selection Caucus in Dover, DE.
July 25-28: 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, PA.
The DNC Host Committee is also looking for volunteers for the 2016 Democratic National Convention. For more infromation visit www.PHLDNC.com.
Key points of the 2016 Delegate Selection Plan:
Delaware will send 31 delegates and 2 alternates to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. This delegation will be made up of:
- 14 subdivision-level delegates, consisting of 8 delegates from rural New Castle County, 2 delegates from Kent County, 2 delegates from Sussex County, and 2 delegates from the City of Wilmington;
- 5 at-large delegates that can be from anywhere in the state;
- 10 unpledged Party Leader and Elected Official (PLEO) delegates, which includes the Governor, members of Congress, Delawarean members of the Democratic National Committee and other distinguished party leaders;
- 2 pledged Party Leaders and Elected Officials (PLEO) delegates;
- 2 alternate delegates that can be from anywhere in the state.